Having purchased your new Broxwood timber and alu-clad windows and doors, you can relax in the knowledge that you have safely invested in robust, top quality products which will last a lifetime or more.
Our products are specified to offer the ultimate protection. They been specifically designed and built to survive the harsh Norwegian climate and so naturally come with a reassuring warranties of up to 30 years.
To ensure your windows and doors continue to perform at optimum levels, please follow these simple recommendations:
- Alu-clad window and door surfaces offer a virtually maintenance-free option. Frames may simply be wiped down with a damp cloth as required.
- For timber windows and doors, surface treatment must be maintained periodically most frequently on south-facing facades.
- Paint and stain must not be applied to weather strips, glazing seals or ironmongery. This will cause the weather strips to become hard and brittle, and therefore no longer weatherproof.
- Allow adequate time for complete drying after site painting or staining and before closing the windows and doors.
- Cleaning and a light dusting of talc, or similar, is good for the weather seals.
- Hardware should occasionally be given a light oiling or lubrication.
- Friction stays should be tightened and operation checked when necessary.
If you have any further questions on maintenance or surface treatment, or would like some further advice on your Broxwood timber windows and doors, please contact us.