Colour and Finishes
Factory varnish, paint or alu-clad in any colours
Broxwood timber windows and doors can either be spray painted as a single colour or different colours can be applied to the interior and exterior surfaces. This, for example, allows for the use of a stain varnish on the interior surface. Note: Varnish is not recommended on the exterior surface as it is far less durable than paint.
Alu-clad colour finishes – tough and durable
For an even more durable window finish specify alu-clad. The aluminium is powder coated to provide a truly resilient, low maintenance finish. The timber behind the cladding is also fully factory finished for ultimate protection and longevity. Alu-clad is supplied standard as white or brown but you may also specify any RAL or NCS colour for your order.
Can I paint my own windows and doors?
Broxwood can supply unfinished products but we advise against this practice as it leaves the timber far less protected and will compromise the warranty. The small saving could cost you far more in maintenance and is likely to reduce the unit’s lifespan. Factory finished windows are far superior because:
- All the components are finished prior to assembly.
- Factory finishing provides total protection including behind the glazing unit, behind hinges and in all joints.
- The timber has a moisture content of 12% when it is treated which gives a better bonding between wood and stain/paint.
- Bonding between timber paint is reduced by 30%, if the unit is left unpainted in the open for just 2 weeks.
- Your warranty is not compromised